Friday 20 February 2015

Real Techniques Core Collection | REVIEW |

Hello!

It has only been very (very) recently that I have made the jump from cheap "they-do-the-job" make-up brushes to what has been dubbed the holy grail of make-up brushes. Gods Gift to the beauty world. The Real Techniques brushes.

Now I was hesitant to buy these brushes, somewhat because of the price, as I'm a lowly student who can barely afford beans on toast at the best of times and the Core Collection is sold from Boots at £21.99 which for 4 brushes plus a case/stand is pretty decent but I was still a little put off (and not entirely sold on whether or not they were worth it or if it was just YouTube camaraderie).

The 4 brushes included in the Core Collection are the Buffing Brush, Detailer Brush, Bronzer Brush, and the Flat Foundation Brush.

The Buffing Brush is by far my favourite brush to apply foundation with - period. The bristles are very soft and fluid, they seem to fit into all my skins nooks and crannies making sure that the product is distributed evenly all over my face, which for me, is an absolute definite as I'm a very "minimal fuss" kind of person and really can't be bothered spending ridiculous amounts of time on my foundation. Slap and dash. On and out the door. Bish bash bosh. Done and dusted. The buffing brush has been recommended to be used for mineral or cream foundations but I use it for liquid foundation and I think it works great! (Rimmel's Match Perfection in Ivory if you were wondering).

The Detailer Brush is perfect for applying concealer on specific places and makes sure you get maximum coverage. I use this brush for around my nose where I get quite red and under my eyes to brighten and conceal those horrendous bags! Honestly, a miracle worker is what this teeny tiny brush is!

The Contour Brush is something I use for blush rather than for contouring as the brush is so precise and works perfectly with cream or liquid blushes and contouring is most definitely not in my skill-set (I end up looking orange or like I'm the "you should've seen the other guy" after a fight, no thank you)

The Flat Foundation Brush is not a brush I use very often as I just hate that style of brush. I cannot stand it. I don't think these types of brushes apply foundation well, they just seem to place the product onto the skin rather than work it into the skin and make it seem almost natural, not the brush for me. Not even sorry.

The convenience of they stand/case was also a huge reason I decided to get these brushes as its, like I've already said, convenient. Great for travelling, fits into your handbag perfectly and I don't know, maybe its just me but having that little case makes me feel like I'm some kind of professional which I am not. It's nice to pretend for a little while in the mornings though!


(brush case in comparison to travel size hairspray, perfect for travelling or throwing into your bag)

Another GREAT factor about these brushes, people who are like me and you know who you are! Mr and Mrs Type A! These brushes dry SO SO QUICK! Washing brushes is essential not only for the brushes longevity but also for your health as lots of bacteria and germs reside in used brushes but before I got these brushes.. I'm not gonna lie.. I very rarely washed them *dies* but I just couldn't be bothered with the whole drying process! Sometimes it took multiple days for my old brushes to dry and applying make-up with damp brushes? Yeah, not the brightest idea I've ever had. But the Real Techniques brushes are bone-dry after 15-20 minutes which I think is just fantastic!

So yes. Whilst maybe a little pricey for those on a very limited budget, when you compare £22 for 4 brushes when its £9-12 for one.. Its definitely worth it. The brushes are amazing, and I cannot wait to start collecting more. And yes. I know I'm really behind the trend. Sorry. I'm stingy.. As I was buying these I could hear my Aunt screaming in my head "EVERY PENNY IS A PRISONER". Money well spent in my opinion!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Rachel xo

Twitter: AoibhneasEire
Instagram: aoibhneaseire

No comments:

Post a Comment